If you are considering starting an ecommerce business in dropshipping or other e-tail sales, you may be wondering about how it works to buy wholesale from China.
If so, you”re on the right track!
Sourcing China wholesale products is a fantastic, low cost way to start a profitable home business without breaking the bank.
Can You Buy Branded Products Wholesale From China?
As a general rule, the answer to that question is: No.
Buying branded goods directly from China is not usually something that is an option for a reseller. Here are a couple of reasons why this is not really feasible in most cases:
- The brands exercise control over their product supply chains
- The brands exert control over sales of their products from the manufacturer to the sales outlet
You may have heard that it’s sometimes possible to find different models available in different countries. But, the thing is that even though lower taxes might make a single product cheaper at retail prices in China or Hong Kong, this would not be a profitable business model for resellers in Western countries.
What are the Benefits of Buying Non-Branded Goods Wholesale from China?
You may be a bit discouraged to learn that it would be pointless to try and source branded goods from wholesale suppliers in China.
But, let’s look at the flip side to that coin! There are actually quite a few benefits in buying non-branded goods from China:
- With no brands, you are at liberty to sell products under your own name. For instance, when you buy directly from China, you have the option of receiving custom labeling and packaging with your own name for orders of more than 500 pieces. Wow!
- When you are sourcing products from China, you can get high quality products at rock bottom prices. Yet another bonus is that buying from a large wholesaler from China means that they are able to visit factories there and find you the very best, well-made products available anywhere!
- The wheels of a larger brand company’s Research and Development division grind very slowly. This is in contrast to a smaller China manufacturer, who is able to get a new, innovative product out of the research, development and testing phase and into production much more quickly! This means that you might pioneer a hot new product that flies off your virtual shelves and becomes the Next Big Thing before any of your competitors.
A Word of Caution!
There are a lot of unscrupulous, fly-by-night companies on the internet advertising cheap prices of genuine branded goods wholesale from China.
It is impossible to emphasize too strongly that you must be extremely wary of those outfits!
There is a scam a minute with these deals and they can land you in big trouble. Besides being illegal, these so-called “authentic” branded products are almost always counterfeit, refurbished or grey market.
Buying products wholesale from China is a wonderful way to start a lucrative business, but remember that your profits and reputation depend on your product source.